So, I was so excited about finally finishing the brother socks, I decided to pick up another ufo. This one is Morris from Rowan 34. I started this I think in the late spring and then sometime in the early summer I decided it was insane to be knitting a huge wool man-sweater in the middle of the summer. Well, it's fall now and I'm thinking the Husband might not mind having a cozy sweater for the coming months (this will be the first sweater I've ever made for him).
It took a little effort, but I found everything I'd done so far and (literally) dusted it all off last week.
As of our last meeting, Morris had a back and half a front. A sleeve was quickly knitted up. Then, yesterday the second front was started. That was when I remembered the second reason that I put Morris away... the combination of heavy yarn, large needles (US 10), and all those cables are killer on the knuckles. I think by the time I hit the fourth cable chunk I was stopping after every row to pop them. My knuckles are itching to be popped again just thinking about it. Oh, and I think because of the black yarn, I've not been successful at cabling w/out the cable needle. I just can see those stitches well enough.
The good news is, I don't think I'm going to lose steam again. I don't have anything else on the needles that's calling my name, so I should definitely be able to get this done quickly. (Of course, now that I've said that, it won't happen.)
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Posted by Laura B at 12:36 PM