Thursday, October 05, 2006

Brother Socks


Pattern: Gentleman’s Sock with Lozenge Pattern from Nancy Bush’s Knitting Vintage Socks.

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill in Bark from Knit Happens.

Adjustments:
None.

Comments: Is it just me, or do manly socks and sweaters take WAY longer to knit? I know they're bigger, so that accounts for some of the extra time... BUT the extra time is not at all proportional to the extra size. This is really hard to admit ... I think maybe I'm just slower when I'm knitting for someone else. When I'm knitting for myself I get really excited during the process and really want to wear said item. When I'm working on my own pattern I get excited and really want see it to completion. When I'm working on something for someone else, I usually don't get that same sense of excitement. I think I'm afraid that whoever I'm giving said knitting item to will not love it as much as I do. So, somewhere around the halfway mark, I stall... and stall... and stall. Oh well, these are done and ready to go to the bro in time for his bday next week. Since he lives in my area now (he moved this summer to my neck of the woods and is now my only family member w/in a 4 hour drive) I can monitor him and make sure that he loves them too.

Completed: 10/4/2006

Oh, and about this yarn... I'm in love with it. Really. It's a lot like Koigu, but it runs in a few solid colors. I've actually worked 1 and a half of another pair of this same pair of these socks in Knitpicks Essential. I don't know if you can tell the difference in these crappy photos, but it's substantial.