Wednesday, January 31, 2007

In the Meantime

Still no buttons. I feel like I'm living the same day over and over again a la Groundhog Day. Every morning I wake up with a certain level of excitement... with the anticipation that today might be the day that I finish my Swing Jacket. I do my errands early in the day and swing by Joann first thing. I go to the button section. I try to just find the buttons I need without looking at what the exact model is. Then, when I don't find them, I pull out the tag from the one button I have and actually look in the right spot, every time to find that the slot is empty. Last, I peruse all the other buttons just in case someone might have misplaced MY buttons. Sigh. I guess it might be smarter to just call Joann, but somehow that seems less exciting. Less of a challenge.

In the meantime, I'm working on a couple other smaller projects. I finished up another pair of baby mittens a la Lisa. This pair was done with the Koigu leftovers from my Anemoi Mittens. One of the moms in Baby Girl's playgroup had seen her pair and was so taken with them, I had to make a pair for her daughter as well.