Wednesday, January 10, 2007

6 Weird Things

I can't believe that it's been so long since I've posted. Life has been so busy lately. Nothing super interesting. Just traveling to visit family and such.

I've been doing a little knitting here and there. Most notably, I've finally found a way to knit in the car. I just have to plan ahead and have a project that I can do without looking down at all. If I look down, I get immediately carsick.

Anyway, Veronique said that we could consider ourselves tagged for the 6 weird things meme, so here goes:

  1. Although many mothers suffer from what is commonly known as "Mommy Brain," I suffer from "Mommy Nose." What is "Mommy Nose"? Well, it has to do with thinking you smell baby poo all the time. It can actually be a powerful tool. I swear, I can smell a dirty diaper from 20 feet away. It can also lead to paranoia, though. I have found that a lot of things smell like baby poo. Most recently, I couldn't stop sniffing a bag of yarn that I got from Elann. It aired out nicely, but when I first opened it, I went after Baby Girl, thinking that she had filled her diaper.
  2. I really have a hard time with those security things that you have to fill out to post comments on some peoples blogs. You know, those things with the grainy background and the letters. I often get them wrong at least once.
  3. I first met my husband in junior high school. We had lockers next to each other. At the time, though, I really disliked him (he was the A student/teacher's pet), so pretty much every day I would turn his lock around. He never had a clue that it was me.
  4. When I was in 4th grade I went to a summer art class. There I met a boy named DS who taught me how to draw a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. I later learned that the Husband had made up that way to draw a TMNT and taught DS.
  5. I'm obsessed with numbers. When I see a string of numbers I have a hard time keeping myself from finding an equation within them. Like the time. Right now it's 11:42. I like to think of that as 1+1=4/2.
  6. I almost always wear tennis shoes. Even if I'm wearing a skirt or a dress. I know that it looks bad, but I don't care.

That was pretty fun! If you're interested in coming up with 6 things about yourself, consider this your tagging.

Anyway, here's the back and one front of the Phildar Swing Jacket:

I'm using elann's Highland Wool as was suggested by Jenna over on the Phildar Swing Jacket KAL page. So far, I love it. Here's a close up:


I haven't decided what I'm going to do about the pockets or lining on this one. I still have plenty of time to decide, though, as I still have two sleeves and a front to go.