Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Who needs buttons anyway?


The Phildar Swing Jacket is sooo close to being done. And it's been that way for over a week. Last week I purchased the bias binding tape and the one button that Joann had in in the only style that I liked. For a while I was torn if I'd made the right selections, but I ultimately decided that I liked the lavender binding. As I'm sure you can tell, I still need two more buttons, but they've been out of stock for a week. Plus, they told me that they don't really know when they're going to get a new shipment in. So, now I have a beautiful jacket that I'm dying to wear, but that only has one button. Okay, technically, it's missing the pockets too, but I'm totally willing to wear it without those. I don't know why, but I don't feel like starting or working on anything else big until I get this finished. I'll post better pictures when I really am finished. As a side note: I had no idea that my bathroom mirror was that dirty.

Oh, and I have to send a huge thank you to my sp9 pal, Karen. She spoiled me so bad. That's the last package I received from her last week. She even included a book for Baby Girl. Too sweet. She also sent some Knitpicks dpns, which I forgot to photograph because they were immediately put into use. And more candy. Yeah, that got eaten pretty quickly.