Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Upgrade


Have you seen those commercials where they upgrade a room, a hairstyle, and then tampons? Not a fan of the commercial, but anyway, when I finished my new washrag, I was reminded of it. See -- there's the old-crochet-been-bleached-way-too-many-times washrag. And the new one! Definitely an upgrade.




Pattern: Ballband dishcloth from Mason Dixon Knitting.

Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream from A.C. Moore -- it was on sale for $.99 a skein!

Adjustments:
I cut down the number of repeats because it was getting a little too large for my dishwashing needs - see old dishrag. I also added a crochet border to the sides.

Comments: Why all the fuss about a dishrag? Well, I love the idea of adding handknits to our everyday lives. It's fun to have that "I made this feeling" even when, or maybe especially when I'm doing something as mundane as the dishes. Anyway, it's a fun a quick project - I definitely see more in my future!

Recipient: Me and my dishes.




Baby Girl says: It's also great for peek - a - boo!