Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Fishies!

Over the weekend I managed to finish Baby Girl's Fishy Jumper. I'm so excited about how it came out! Somehow I got lucky and it fits her perfectly. What with her growing and my spotty record when it comes to finishing things in a timely manner, this is truly a rare treat. I'm still not sure if I like the way the embroidered bubbles look, but I guess I could always go back and change them. Okay, that's not really going to happen.





Pattern: My own.

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino from Knit Happens. Two balls Teal, one coral, one seafoam, and one light blue.

Comments: This was a lot of fun to work up. It took a while because I kept changing my mind about how I wanted various aspects. Bubbles as intarsia or embroidered on? Waves at the top or throughout the body of the dress? Of course, I knew I didn't want the waves throughout and intarsia bubbles, but all other combos were tried out. Gotta love lifelines.

Recipient: Baby Girl... she is definitely my favorite person to knit for.