Monday, August 21, 2006

Birch Alert


For a long time now, Birch has been one of my back-burner projects. With the first ball of Kidsilk Haze, it was my "wait until Baby Girl has gone to bed project". Then, when I finished that first ball of yarn, I just let it sit around for a while. After about a month, I picked it up again and it was my "naptime project." About the time I hit that third and last ball of KSH, it became my "all-the-time-can't-get enough-of-it project," -- meaning I would knit a few stitches and then have to put it down to keep Baby Girl away from the VCR/stash/everything else. How long ago did I start Birch? Hmmm, well, I remember that Veronique started hers a couple days after I started mine. So, I guess that it was just before April 11th. That means it took me just over four months. Well, I was working on other things, so I'm okay with that. Here are the specs:

Pattern: Birch from Rowan 34.

Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze in Pearl. Just under three balls.

Adjustments:
None.

Comments: I loved this project so much. It was my first time working with KSH and my first lace project. I definitely think it was a great intro to both. I really liked working from the large section and shrinking down those rows 'til the end.

Recipient: I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning towards my Grandma - the one who taught me how to knit.

Washing Birch:














Blocking Birch on the bed:



















All finished Birch: