Friday, December 22, 2006

I love these mittens so much I can't even stand it


Is one mitten bigger than the other? Yes.

Is there a difference in gauge between the two yarns used? Yes.

Is the cuff just a little too tight on both mittens (but more so on one than the other)? Yes.

Do I care? No.

Pattern: Anemoi Mittens.

Yarn: Koigu Kpppm 816 and Henry's Attic Kona Superwash.

Comments: I am absolutely 100% smitten with these mittens. I truly think that they are two of the most beautiful things that I have ever knitted. I love the variegation of the Koigu against the creamy Henry's Attic.

Plus, besides loving the finished outcome, I also completely loved the process too! Reading the chart for the front panels really took me back to my counted cross stitch days. I love the complexity of the colorwork because it's the kind of complexity that allows for knitting while caring for a baby (which is what I was doing).

I was definitely totally addicted to these as I was knitting them as evidenced by the facts that:

  1. I had a dream that Baby Girl had also learned to knit stranded work.
  2. I now have all our Baby Einstein videos memorized.
  3. I saw past the stand-up portion of "The Late Show," on more than one night (okay, I didn't make it to the guest portion, but still that's way late for me these days).
Unfortunately, the pictures don't even do them justice. I probably should have waited until a sunnier day to do the photos, but my excitement wouldn't allow for that.