Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Don't have your gift knitting done?


Are you sick and tired of all your gift knitting? Is there a good chance that you won't even get all of it done? Well, don't worry! I'm here to help! I have the solution for you, plus it will also benefit someone else (plus the giftee). Really, can you beat a win, win, win situation?

"What's the solution?" you ask.

Women for Women International. This incredible charity provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency, thereby promoting viable civil societies.

How does knitting come in? Well, Women for Women also offers a Bazaar where they sell items made by these women survivors. Scroll down a little and you'll notice there are a number of hand-knit items including my favorite, the wool slippers. I mean look at those... for $25, they look like a steal to me!

Please do check them out!