Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Baby Girl: Year One


One of the first things that I made for you after you were born was Anouk. I knew that I had to get something done for you in time for the December holidays because that was when we were taking you to meet most of your relatives for the first time (even a baby has to make a good first impression). Of course, all involved were excited to see that not only were you an adorable 2-month old, but that you also had an incredible sense of style. Thanks to the versatility of Anouk, you will be wearing it this Winter season as well (although, we'll have to come up with something else for visiting the relatives).

Next, I had to come up with something that you could wear to add some warmth, but not too much. You made a little bit of a late delivery and were always a little on the small side. So, we ended up having a ton of short-sleeves tops that fit you perfectly... in the middle of winter. It was clear that what you needed was a Baby Bolero. When I first saw this pattern in Debbie Bliss' Special Knits I thought it was kind of silly for a baby, but you probably ended up wearing it more than anything else that I've made you so far.

Another dress from Debbie Bliss... this one with a note on the bottom... you know just to make it clear to any doubters that Mommy loves Baby Girl.









Two sweet tops because you wouldn't stop pulling on the ribbon on the first one.











Finally, the Fishy Jumper. Okay, it's a little silly, but you look so cute in it. It's so funny to think about how much time I spent figuring out just how I wanted those bubbles... especially since I made it for a girl who seems to love nothing more than pulling her dress up.

There have been a few more odds and ends (hats and soakers and such) along the way, but these are the things I'll remember you in the most. I can't wait to get some things done for your second year of life!

Love,
Mama