Friday, January 25, 2008

My Sweetheart

One of my favorite things about being pregnant this time around is having two family members to share the experience with. Little Girl is really too funny about the whole thing. She regularly wants to feel my belly to find out if the New Baby is kicking. "Feel him?" she asks with her arms reaching for me. She also talks about wanting to see him. Mostly, "Want to see him," "want to play beach ball with him," and "want to share with him." Sometimes, "he need to grow up!" I don't know how things will be after he's born, but for now she seems excited about his impending arrival and we talk a lot about how she will help her mama when he's here.

I feel like I should be doing a lot of knitting for the New Baby, but so far, I'm not for two reasons. First, he'll be born in the spring, so it's hard to figure what kind of knits would be appropriate for a newborn in the summer. Second, who knows how fast he'll grow, so I'm not sure about what size to knit winter items in.

In the meantime, I'm doing a little knitting for Little Girl. I made this cardigan (I'm calling it the Sweetheart Cardigan because she is my sweetheart and also the eyelets are little hearts) with the upcoming transitional weather in mind. More info on Ravelry (really, who wants to type that stuff up more than once?).