Wednesday, June 07, 2006

New FO, Old FO

First, the new fo:

Pattern: Yarrow Ribbed Sock from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.

Yarn: Koigu KPPPM 524 from Knit Happens.

Adjustments:
None.

Comments: I love a good simple project that I can pick up and work on a little at a time. With Baby Girl around, it's important to have at least one of these types of projects in the works at all times.

Completed: 6/6/2006





On the feet pic:

So, I finished these yesterday while Baby Girl was taking her afternoon nap beside me. I was stuck! I didn't want to risk waking her up by moving her, but I didn't have another project in the works near me. What's a mommy to do? So, I cast on using the only yarn I had close to me, Knitpicks Sock Garden:

I don't know what it is, but this morning when I looked at it again, I realized that I really hate it. I don't know if it's the yarn or the pattern. Either way, this project is going nowhere. Better start a new one. Oh well.




Old fo:

Pattern: Picot Dress from Debbie Bliss' Special Knits.

Yarn: Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino from Knit Happens.

Adjustments: I was inspired by Kate Gilbert's Fair Isle Sweater for Tadpole, but since I'm far less talented, I just took a pattern I had at hand and added an intarsia note to Baby Girl. It reads: "mommy loves [baby girl] loves." I had to change the pattern so that the note would work, so I knitted it on the round. I also omitted the pocket.

Comments: I made this in the next size up so that I wouldn't have to worry about trying to finish before Baby Girl was too big. Now it's finished and she still doesn't fit in it. :( I guess I can wait a couple months.